1. Policy of Using Cookies
The cookies are used for the following purposes:
· Functioning of the website
· Examination of the site’s users’ behavior
The adequate protection of personal details is a priority for Intercorp Holdings. We aim to be as transparent and as clear as possible regarding Intercorp Holdings’ approach. For any questions, please contact us at hq[at]intercorp.holdings.
2. What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a small file, comprising letters and numbers which can be stored on the computer, mobile unit or other equipment of a user through which the user accesses the internet.
The cookie is installed through a request sent to the user’s unit by Intercorp Holdings’ server or a third party server.
3. What Are Cookies Used For?
These files mainly help in recognizing the user's unit and presenting content in a relevant way, adapted to the user's preferences.
The cookies ensure that the users enjoy a good navigation experience and support Intercorp Holdings' efforts to provide services which are adapted to the users, i.e - preferences regarding online confidentiality, the shopping cart or relevant publicity. Similarly, they're used to prepare anonymous statistics which help us understand how a user enjoy our online internet pages, allowing us to improve their structure and content, without personally identifying the user.
4. What Cookies Do We Use?
We use two types of cookies: per session and fixed. The per session cookies are temporary files which remain in the user's terminal until the session is finished or the application is closed.
Fixed cookies remain in the user's unit for a period determined by the cookies' parameters or until they're manually deleted by the user.
5. How Are Cookies Used By This Website?
A visit of this website may lead to the following cookies being installed:
• cookies which are strictly necessary for the functioning of this site;
• analysis cookies;
• advertisement cookies;
Cookies are essential for the good operation of the site, being installed on your device to access the website or following the actions performed on the site, as the case may be. You can set your browser to block cookies, however, in this case, certain sections of the site won't function correctly.
6. Do Cookies Include Personal Details?
Cookies don't request personal details to be used, and, in many cases, they don't even personally identify internet users.
However, personal details may be collected through cookies to allow certain functions for a user or to offer a more personalized user experience. These details are encrypted to prevent unauthorized access.
7. Blocking Cookies
If you want to block cookies, some functionalities of the site will be stopped, and this will lead to malfunctions or errors on our website. For example, blocking cookies may prevent you from:
• online purchases
• signing into your online account
If you agree with these restrictions and wish to continue to block cookies, follow the below instructions:
Most browsers are set to accept cookies, but you can block them totally or partially.
Choose your browser from the list below to show the instructions you should follow after opening your browser.
However, refusing or deactivating cookies doesn't mean that you'll stop receiving online advertising - it only means that it won't be adapted to your preferences or interests, highlighted through your navigation behavior.
To understand these settings, access the following links:
· Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
· Cookie settings in Firefox
· Cookie settings in Chrome
· Cookie settings in Safari
The above links don't belong to Intercorp Holdings and Intercorp Holdings isn't responsible for their content.
8. Managing Preferences Relating To The Installation Of Cookies
Generally, an application used to access websites will allow cookies to be saved and/ or similar technologies on the device which is used.
These settings can be changed to automatically block cookies from the website or to notify the user every time the cookies are sent to his device.
9. Why Are Cookies Important For The Internet?
Cookies and/ or similar technologies represent a centre point for the efficient functioning of the internet, and help generate a friendly and customized user experience depending on the users’ interests. Refusing or deactivating cookies can lead to sites or some parts of the sites’ becoming impossible to use.
Deactivating cookies doesn’t mean that you won’t receive, in compliance with the legislation, online advertising – it only means that the online advertising won’t be adapted to your preferences or interests highlighted through your navigation behavior.
Example of main uses for cookies (which don’t require the authentication of a user through an online account):
· Content and services adapted to the user’s preferences – categories of products and services;
· Correct configuration of the site’s functions, which especially allow the verification of the authenticity of the browser’s session;
· Optimizing and increasing the efficiency of the provided services
· Adjusting the website pages’ content in accordance with the user’s preferences and optimizing the use of the website pages. Especially, these files allow for the basic parameters of the user’s device to be recognized and allow for the site to be shown correctly and adapted to individual requirements;
· The correct service of the affiliate program allows, especially, the checking of the sources which redirect the users towards the website;
· Offers customized to the users’ interests;
· Saving passwords;
· Saving protection filters relating to protecting underaged users from online content (family mode option, safe search functions);
· Limiting the frequency of publishing advertisements – limiting the number of times an advertisement is shown to a user on a website;
· Providing relevant advertising to a user;
· Storing general and anonymous statistic data through analytical instruments, for example Google Analytics;
· Connecting a social site to the website, for example Facebook.com;
· For interactive site functions using social sites such as Facebook.com, Pinterest.com;
· Presenting opinions about the site, which are downloaded from an external website;
· Measuring, optimizing and adapting the analysis characteristics, such as confirming a certain level of traffic on a website, what type of content is viewed and the way a user reaches the website (i.e search engines, directly or from other websites etc). Websites perform these analysis to improve the users’ experiences;
10. Security And Confidentiality Matters
Generally, browsers have confidentiality settings integrated which provide different levels of cookies’ acceptance, periods of validity or automatic deletion after a user visited a certain website.
· Is you’re the only user of your computer, you can set long expiry periods for the storage of the navigation history and your personal access details;
· Is you share the computer, you can consider setting the browser to delete individual navigation searches after every time you close the browser. This is an option of accessing websites which install cookies and of deleting any information regarding visiting the site once the navigation session is over.
11. Additional Links and Useful Information
If you want to find out more information about cookies and how they're used, we recommend the following links:
Microsoft Cookies guide
All About Cookies
We will not use these cookies in any other ways than indicated in the herein Policy of Using Cookies.